RE: 96 mods

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Thu Jan 23 1997 - 19:07:00 EST

>Ummm... you're not following the thread correctly there, MOR.
>in 96 they went to one fore, and one aft, of the Catalytic convertor.
>Right ?

Righto!

>So, we all need to be careful about giving out bad poop.
>This isn't directed at anyone, so don't take it personal like.
>Just remember to post 'YOUR' year and model when giving advice

Yessir!

>(Like MOR did).
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jules said only this (and I quote:)

>gibson has the 96 stuff

I've called him on the phone, and left him another e-mail... I'm going to
find out as much info as I can when I do speak with him in person...

>For those that got lost: the 96 has a different type SBEC than the
>the prior models, due to OBDII (on-board-diagnostics?). It is also
>(I was told on this list by Jules or Kuk or Ned?) a physically smaller
>unit.

I believe that would be Jules... I haven't compared mine with any earlier
edition trucks.. (SBEC envy??)

>I guess us 96 owners will just have to stay 'different'.
>Lee - 96 SLT 4x4 CC 5speed limited slip, Flame Red and Ready !!

Hey, hopefully we're not *that* different...

Ciao!
               Ned Vogler | ----------------------------
         Network Administrator | _ _ _ _ _ _
       Rockville General Hospital | |_` |_` _ |_| |_| |_ |_| |_`
       (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org) | ,_| | | | |_ |\ ,_|
  '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab |
  '84 Nighthawk 650 '85 Honda XR-350R | ----------------------------

   __
  / / ___ ___ Lee Jacobs
 / / / _ \/ _ \ LJacobs@Calvin.UCHSC.Edu
/ /__| __/ __/ University of Colorado Health Sciences
\____/\___|\___| Big Aspirations, Small Wallet.