Re: 96 mods

From: Jules Glogovcsan (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Thu Jan 23 1997 - 23:03:11 EST

Ned Vogler wrote:

> Jules said only this (and I quote:)
>
> >gibson has the 96 stuff

that is my quote...:)

> I've called him on the phone

enjoyed the chat there...ned:)

> >For those that got lost: the 96 has a different type SBEC than the
> >the prior models, due to OBDII (on-board-diagnostics?).

i would say the same type, but you are correct... it is physically
smaller, at least for the ram

i am only aware of it for 96 5.9 auto rams.. i heard for '96 8.0s rams,
but we could get no part # in CC parts computer...

fyi... a local customer/friend of mine is an EE grad with Lockeed in
aerospace on the shuttle controls... and his passion is binary numbers
in computer controls that interrpert external signals (voltages) that
control the functions of mechanical devices, etc. he is an enthusiastic
hot rodder...

so tonite i gave him a stock sbec and we are going to load its memory up
into some powerful computers and take a look at the code and see how
that code tells whomever what and how to do what it is that they do and
then look at the mopar upgrades and do the same and then compare... and
well, what part of "performance reflash" do you not understand... no
guarantees... film at 11! :)

> I believe that would be Jules... I haven't compared mine with any earlier
> edition trucks.. (SBEC envy??)
>
> >I guess us 96 owners will just have to stay 'different'.
> >Lee - 96 SLT 4x4 CC 5speed limited slip, Flame Red and Ready !!

while the sbec is a cornerstone add-on for any perf upgrade it is easy
to add 50 - 75 hp without the sbec... just thot you'd care to know...

--

Jules/MPI 99 Tech Central Dodgeville, RAM USA