Conspiracy Theories

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 1997 - 08:43:03 EST

> You are right on my old man knew a guy in the mid 70's who was getting
> 65-70 mpg out of a chevy big block. [...]

> One night at a bar he was bragging it up and a few days later a GM rep
> came by and swiched the carborators.

> > The reason this doesn't happen is that EXXON among others owns Controlling
> > interest in companies like GM.

  While I find the subject of conflicts of interest in corporate
capitalistic economic structures compelling and interesting, I've
got to admit that the Magic 100mpg Carburetor urban legend is
less so.

  I'm interested in the subject, so here's an open invitation:

  Those who have detailed technical information on the Magic
100mpg Carburetors please feel free to send it on. None of
this "a friend of a friend" or "aliens gave them to us" or
"the big black UN helicopters took them away" anecdotal stuff.
I'm even more interested in footnoted historical analysis of
the development of Magic 100mpg Carburetors.

  If you can't provide either, then please keep the consipiracy
theories to yourself, or at least concentrate on something more
plausible (like Desert Storm == Die For Oil, Sucker). The signal
to noise ratio on the Dakota list has been dropping steadily in
the past couple of weeks, and it's getting annoying. Yeah, this
message doesn't help matters, but it sure makes me feel better.

  Ron "Wanna Talk Anarchism, Contact Me Privately" Rader