Re: TBI Porting

From: Tom McCabe (mccabet@megsinet.net)
Date: Sun Jan 26 1997 - 22:30:23 EST

I thought that since I have been following this list for a while, I'd
introduce myself. I have a '96 Dakota SLT Club Cab, 2WD 3.55 limited
slip, Auto, 5.2L, with towing package, heavy electrical, and
transcooler. I originally purchased the truck to do occasional towing.
Since I purchased it, I have towed several cars including a '58 Ford
Fairlane for the neighbor and a 16'x8'x8' office trailer.

I was trying to locate the above truck with the 5 spd, but I could not
locate one in the area. I have since added fiberglass running boards,
vent visors, and a bug screen. The truck is Brilliant Blue (PCH).

I have noticed several topics that seem to apply to my truck. The first
being no (or very little) performance upgrades for the '96. Jules, Kuk,
or anyone else, I believe you have a catalog for perf. parts? Could I
get you to send me one? Thanks!

I have experienced the following problem (not according to the dealer)
: Transmission under part to full power from light, transmission gets
lost in the 1-2 shift and will hunt until it shifts. They have adjusted
the throttle pressure linkage with some improvement. I wish to add a
shift kit, Comments appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom McCabe
mccabet@megsinet.net

'96 Club Cab, 5.2L, Auto, 3.55 Limited Slip
'89 Lebaron GTC, 2.2L Turbo II, 5 Spd