Re: Auto (unfortunately)

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 26 1997 - 12:13:08 EST

<< What changes have you made, and what
 kind of times do you get... >>

Just a few things:

reworked the TBI a little
Cat back duals with no mufflers (With Cat it isn't really to loud)
Mopar Computer
Home made Ram air (from 2 dryer vent kits, it worked, .2 and 2 mph)
TCI shift kit
NOS kit for Dakota V8
MSD 6AL and Multi step retard.

Without NOS and before MSD best time was 14.96 at 92 mph
With NOS but without MSD and MP comp (couldn't run NOS and MP comp without
retard) 13.33 at 101 mph.
Top speed was 13.59 at 103 mph.

I do not intend to do much more but fine tune, I have to get the octane up a
little and maybe some street slicks, Also been thinking about a couple of
items in Magnum Performance catalog. If I do much more I would need to do a
lot more and not sure about if I want to do that also would need to s c r a p
e up a lot of mooola.

I am confident that with what I have fine tuned and with better fuel and
tires that I could get into the 12's and with the untouched heads, manifolds,
cam and ect. I have been coming off line without NOS and hitting it at 3000,
Tried to hit a little sooned but not enough traction.

There are not a lot of Dakotas at the drags I go to and I haven't run one
with NOS on. All runs against them have been without NOS. From the sounds of
these other guys on here I would get killed big time without it.

What have you done to yours and what times you running??

Bill