Re: Auto (unfortunately)

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 26 1997 - 12:13:04 EST

<< where can i get a shift kit and is it easy to install? >>

I ordered mine direct from TCI but You can get it from Jegs except they do
not stock them and it would take about 3 weeks to get.

I installed mine with little transmission expierience (I had a dodge mech
friend who was going to help if needed,didn't need him). You need to drop pan
and valve body and modify the valve body (drill some holes larger and drill
out between 2 channels). All drills were furnished. I think it was around $90
with 2 day shipping. After you see the kit you will find out the cost is for
the instructions, the parts you need amount to probably a $1.50, but it
seems to work well and not at all bad for normal driving. Also Jules has a
complete modified valve body assy, just swap them I think, which they claim
works well also. I would like the whole modified Tranny the Jules sells, and
if this one should give problems I will probably have to have one.

Bill