Re: Electric fans

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 07 1997 - 12:00:43 EST

At 09:54 AM 2/7/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi everyone.
> I have a 92 5.2l CC auto in Dallas Texas.I have doug thourley headers,mp
sbec,
>mpi throddle body, jacobs coil,accel wires, AND ELECTRIC FANS. I have a
>pusher fan in front of ac condencer and a puller dual fan in back of
>radiator.The
>pusher is rated at 1800 CFM,The puller is rated at 2200CFM.I have had no
>cooling problems since adding the pusher fan last summer.BTW when I Change
>to electric fans,I aslo had the headers installed.My 1/4 mile E.T.s dropped
>6/10s at the Texas Motorplex.Also no more Roaring fan noise in the morning
>or hot summer days. I change to electric fans because one day at the track
>the fan clutch ingauged at the tree.Slowed my E.T. by over 1 second.
> Karl

I have heard of the benefits of electric fans (ShadeTree Mechanic) over a
stock fan that does not disengage.
But is there and advantage (for us non-racing types) of removing the viscous
drive fan and installing electric fans. Are people having cooling problems
with the stock set-up?

My Plymouth Sundance has an electic fan and it only runs on hot days when
I'm idling in traffic.

Thanks

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com