Re: Auto ID

From: DesignTech@worldnet.att.net
Date: Mon Feb 10 1997 - 18:46:24 EST

i wanted top get the big/little look but all i could fit on my 6" rims was
235's. i would like to get 275 60's in the rear. as i am set up now with a
sure slip rear, i lay a single 120' line down the pavement. i used to like
this when i had other cars, but now that it is easy to burn rubber it turns
into a PITA(pain in the ass).
i would like to exchange my sure slip for a sure grip but i am not sure
what it costs. i've heard it is only $200 but i can't find it.

----------
> From: Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: Auto ID
> Date: Monday, February 10, 1997 2:02 PM
>
> kendall,
>
> the new v8 trans in the dakota is the 44RE wide-ratio automatic. i
> have the specs for the gear ratios somewhere but i can't seem to
find
> them. i'll forward when i can locate.....anybody else have the
info?
> i do know that first and second gear are supposed to be lower....and

> your o.d. is a button on the shifter, right? the engine-management
> electronics are also supposed to be improved to smoothen
gear-hunting.