Re: Auto ID

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 1997 - 13:26:44 EST

>i would like to exchange my sure slip for a sure grip but i am not sure
>what it costs. i've heard it is only $200 but i can't find it.
>
>----------
>> From: Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com
>> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
>> Subject: Re: Auto ID
>> Date: Monday, February 10, 1997 2:02 PM

I added sure grip to my 94 and boy I am happy with the results. It dropped
half a second off my best ET, almost all of that from 0-60ft. I have 15x7
wheels and 235/70's tires. I bought mine from the dealer so I paid more
($400) and a local shop charged me $220 for the install (came with a
lifetime warranty).
I have to use traction bars at the track because of wheel hop now, but its
worth it.

I had my first bad experience with my new SureGrip diff last Friday. I went
to do a uturn on a wet narrow street, applied to much power, the back end
flew out and hit the curb. Tore up my rim and bent the axel. expensive
lesson. Fortunately, the axel was an easy replace, just expensive.

Alan...

acasey@io.com

94,V8,5spd,MP SBEC,Flowmaster,SureGrip,MSD,Underdrive Pulley's
ET=14.9 @ 90.2