CARB problems with '95 Dakota

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Wed Feb 12 1997 - 21:23:23 EST

Well, I got a notice in the mail from the CA. DMV, time to
renew my tags... But this time I need a Smog Cert. (first one for my
truck. I have gone to two (2) smog stations, and NEITHER recognized
the CARB exemption # D-269-7... So I will have to re-install the stock
air cleaner... No problem right?? Wrong, the Doug Thorley and MP
performance headers aren't LISTED in the new excemption book... Neither
still is the MP computer... Secondly, I didn't ever get a sticker for
the MP computer, so I can never try to get the exemption on it (a lot
easier to just replace it with the stock unit.)

        Word to the wise, DOUBLE check that any item that 'says' smog legal, is
truly smog legal (and get the certificate)...

        Sam '95 SLT