Re: CARB problems with '95 Dakota

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 1997 - 23:18:39 EST

> Word to the wise, DOUBLE check that any item that 'says' smog legal, is
> truly smog legal (and get the certificate)...
>
> Sam '95 SLT

Nah, that's what buddies at the inspection station are for.:-))
I got tired of arguing about my 71 Road Runner not having heat risers,
sealed air cleaner, evap canister etc.. I have found two places that
understand that many of these parts either A: were never on the car or
B: are no longer available and they pass it with no arguments.A few
years ago, I hooked up the exhaust sniffer to the old 383 magnum and
guess what? It produced lower reading than most of the newer cars do.
Some people are forced to contend with the de-facto state government
inspection stations. My sympathies(maybe you should move)

Andre