RE: 360 Dak

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Tue Feb 18 1997 - 14:51:00 EST

>Wow a 360 in a dakota what a machine. I also have a 95 dakota with a V6
>love the truck. I just wish they would have kept the body style the 95
>has because i like it better than the new body style. How do you like
the
>new body style. To tell you the truth i would rather have a dakota than
>a scaled down ram which is all the new dakota is anyway. Tell next time
>Finn and Feather

I couldn't agree with you more! Nothing against '97 owners, and I do
like the new looks of the '97's and some of the extra available features
(wider tires, handling packages, sway bars, etc.) but I'll take the
styling of my '96 any day... Some reviews say the previous generation
Dakotas look dated, and they probably do, but it still looks like a
TRUCK, and works like one... Anyway, before I dig my hole too deep, I
think *ALL* Daks are great trucks, '87-'97, who knows, maybe the new
styling will grow on me...and I'll end up with one in the 1999-2001 model
years?

Some of the exterior parts on the '97's just look cheesy to me, like the
rear step bumper (can they spare the metal?), the new design on the
sliding rear window (plastic frame). Even mother Mopar cuts corners
these days... <sigh>

Ciao!

         Network Administrator | _ _ _ _ _ _
       Rockville General Hospital | |_` |_` _ |_| |_| |_ |_| |_`
       (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org) | ,_| | | | |_ |\ ,_|
  '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab |
  '84 Nighthawk 650 '85 Honda XR-350R | ----------------------------