Re: Billet Grill

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@king.cts.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 1997 - 11:10:06 EST

At 07:03 AM 2/19/97 EDT, you wrote:
*snip*
> filter to see what fits? Also, has anyone tried using older style
> chrome valve covers on the ten bolt magnum heads? Is the perimeter
> shape the same and can just use only 5 bolts? I really want chrome
> valve covers but no one's got 'em. I posted to Edelbrock's BBS and
> they said there are no plans for magnum head valve covers but it's
> always a possibility in the future. They do have a part # for their
> TES headers for the '97 318's though.....but now I can't find it.
> I'll repost it if anyone is interested.
>
> Sean

        Sean, the pre-magnum covers won't bolt up. If you REALLY wanted
chrome valve covers, you could take your stock ones off, strip them, and get
them dipped... I know a guy that did that for a newer FORD... It worked out
nice because, when he needed warranty work the FORD dealer didn't make a fuss
because to them it was no different than 'painting' a part...

        A thought...

        ..Sam '95 SLT