Re: Back to the gas question...

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 1997 - 17:36:47 EST

> The motor has a knock sensor that pulls timing when it
> detects anything that sounds like knock whick protects the motor from
> damage.

  While you're basically right about knock sensors and their function,
I was under the impression that the Magnum engines do not include
a knock sensor in their control inputs. I believe the FSM details
the computer control functions, and if I remember correctly a knock
sensor was not included.

  Feel free to correct me, since I don't have my FSM handy.

  Ron