Re: Re[2]: Tailgate

From: Glenn S. Wiltse (iggy@merit.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 20 1997 - 14:13:33 EST

  I used laquer thiner on the gooey remnets of the adhesive. It didn't
apear to hurt the paint any. I removed all mine in the first couple
months I had the truck. There were already significant amounts of
dirt and stuff building up along the outer edges of the adhesives...
I was extreemly glad I removed all that crap from my truck. I like
the custom look, and the fact that dirt wont continue to collect
behind some of that trim.

   All mine was remove by carefully peeling the objects off, using
a nylon bodywork tool(for smothing bondo) and my hands... (no heat).

Your millage may vary...