Re: Re[2]: Tailgate

From: 00gtomo@bsuvc.bsu.edu
Date: Thu Feb 20 1997 - 13:50:17 EST

I just used a really hot hair dryer. It was one those little ones for
travel, it got hotter than a regular one. Mine is a 92 and I took it off this
past summer. There was quite a bit of adhesive left on the paint. Save
yourself some time and get a good adhesive remover. I got a gallon of this
stuff from NAPA and it came in a blue can and it is for adhesives, tar, tree
sap, etc. and is clearcoat safe. There is also a product called Advantage.
This local dealership that I worked for a couple of summers ago used it in
their bodyshop. This stuff takes off adhesive in a snap, barely have to rub.
I was not able to locate this, but did not try very hard. You might go to a
automotive paint supply store or something of that nature. It is safe on paint
because I used it on many cars at the dealership, new and used.

Just my $0.02

Oh yeah, these removers usually take off the wax wherever they are applied.

Gregg
92 CC V6