Re: Re[2]: Ignition Upgrades

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 21 1997 - 05:08:02 EST

<< YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE THE COIL!!

On my 93 Dakota V8 with MSD 6A and Multi-Step Retard box, MSD tech support
told me the stock coil was more than adequate. I had checked into Jacobs
first and was looking for a way to retard timing at will, Jacobs tech support
told me theirs would retard the timing but that the MP computer would sense
it and compensate. I sent MSD a fax with a bunch of questions and told them
what I needed to do and they told me their's would do it, no problem. I had a
problem and called them back to help resolve the problem and asked do I need
to upgrade the coil and wires or anything else, they told me NO not unless I
wanted to just spend some money. They also told me they would be glad to take
it if I did. The speed shop I deal with also told me the same thing. They
both siad that the problems I was having and the setup I was running would
not require the coil, ect to function properly and that I would probably not
gain any noticeable improvement. These same comments were also received from
NOS. It appears to be that the answer depends on how greedy the seller wants
to be.. I told all of them that If I have to buy the coil or ect. to
accomplish what I want I'll do it, they told me it was my money and if I
wanted to spend it then go a head but it was not necessary??????????? Who do
you believe ??????????

Bill