Re[4]: Ignition Upgrades

From: Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com
Date: Fri Feb 21 1997 - 05:50:17 EST

     Bill

     I believe you. Everything I've read however claims that their is
     increased load placed on the coil from the hot ignition. Maybe todays
     coils can handle this kind of load....my last hot rodded car was a '71
     chevelle and that coil was nothing but a paper weight!

     IMO, for what an aftermarket coil costs from Summit or Jeg's I go
     ahead and drop the little bit of extra cash for the insurance. But it
     is good to know that if everyone is telling you its NOT necessary you
     don't need to replace it.

     You mentioned NOS in your post....you runnin' nitrous on your Dak?

     sean
     '97 black 318/5spd/3.55SG
     sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

<< YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE THE COIL!!

On my 93 Dakota V8 with MSD 6A and Multi-Step Retard box, MSD tech support
told me the stock coil was more than adequate.

 I told all of them that If I have to buy the coil or ect. to accomplish what
I want I'll do it, they told me it was my money and if I wanted to spend it
then go a head but it was not necessary??????????? Who do you believe

Bill