Re: Squealing sound in 2nd.

From: Chris Smith (mopar@tough.com)
Date: Fri Feb 21 1997 - 16:31:44 EST

DesignTech@worldnet.att.net wrote:

> i have this same sound and pinpointed it
> it is comming from the throttle body right behind the butterflies.
> there is somthing poking forward thru a hole. when this piston type thing
> is pushed in, the noise is heard. i pulled it out and pushed it all the way
> in, then replaced it...
> the sound was HORRENDOUS

If that is indeed the sound Jon is hearing, that is the Idle Air Control
Module. It controls the airflow to the engine as the name suggests.
There are some known problems with this sticking after some carbon
build-up, if you are noticing that the behaviour has changed since new.
Also there was a TSB on a failure with it. On my '93 the idle would
drop down to 200-300 RPM, and of course, usually die. Replaced the part
and good as new.

--
-Chris Smith
mopar@tough.com