Re: AIS Motor

From: DesignTech@worldnet.att.net
Date: Sat Feb 22 1997 - 00:04:07 EST

to remove the throttle body, do i have to replace the gasket?????
or can i use the old one.
if i need a new one, what does it cost?

-Mark (DesignTech@worldnet.att.net)

1993. 5.2l, auto, 3.50 SureSlip, 4X2, True Duals,
Emerald Green, S/B, Reg Cab. K&N Open Element ,
Splitfires, MSD Wires, KEM C&R

See Pictures At http://members.tripod.com/~MasterOfR

----------
> From: Stephen Hawtree <stephen@silk.net>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: AIS Motor
> Date: Friday, February 21, 1997 4:47 PM
>
> Hello fellow Dakota owners!
>
> Chris Smith wrote...
>
> > If that is indeed the sound Jon is hearing, that is the Idle Air
Control
> > Module. It controls the airflow to the engine as the name suggests.
> > There are some known problems with this sticking after some carbon
> > build-up, if you are noticing that the behaviour has changed since new.

> > Also there was a TSB on a failure with it. On my '93 the idle would
> > drop down to 200-300 RPM, and of course, usually die. Replaced the
part
> > and good as new.
>
> I had the exact same issue with my '92 3.9. I took it in two days ago,
> and indeed the dealer told me that the AIS motor (Automatics Idle Speed?)
was