Rear drop

From: John Walker (dakota@WKU.CAMPUS.MCI.NET)
Date: Mon Feb 24 1997 - 19:18:21 EST

I know I've asked this question before, but It is descision time and I'm not
sure what to do. Has anybody dropped there rearend to level out the ride
height? My rearend is 3" higher than the front. I measured from the top of
the tire to the fender wheelwell lip. Is this a correct procedure for
measuring the height?
3" is alot of height. A 3" drop using shackles and hangers is $130, I'm not
sure if a 3" block is available, but if it is, it is probably around $20.
From what I understand, shackles are supposed to maintain suspension travel
and geometry. Is it a noticeable difference for the cost? What about a
rear Hellwig sway-bar? Worth $130?

Thanks for the help!

John
dakota@wku.campus.mci.net