Re: Timing

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Mon Feb 24 1997 - 19:49:39 EST

Before my '92's distributor was replaced it'd pop and backfire generally
run crappy for a few seconds, up to 30-40, then when downshifted, turned
off, whatever it took to start running again it'd run just fine. I still
can't understand how the distributor bushing, body and shaft could go tu
so suddenly and so inconsistently. Seems to me like if the distributor
shaft was flopping around that the truck would run poorly all the time.

Anybody got an answer for us who are now or have been afflicted?

Larry
elliott@serv.net