Re: Ignition Upgrades

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 25 1997 - 05:08:17 EST

<< I don't know who these guys are but unless you have done something to the
 stock ignition, it sucks... >>

The only thing I have done is the MSD 6A and the retard box but I have not
tried the set up with the juice yet, crappy weather up here and haven't
finished with my fine tuning yet. I did run with the stock ignition and stock
computer and the NOS several times last year and rarely had a miss. There
were a couple of times top end just after shifting into OD (95-100) that I
felt a miss or two but rarely. NOS told me that if the ignition is not
adequate you will definitely know and it will break down under NOS. I
specifically asked about adding the coil after I went for the MSD and both
MSD, NOS and my dealer said it wasn't necessary????? I was kinda set on
getting it but the way they talked it almost sounded as though it would cause
a problem?? I have seen some talk here about the caps and rotors breaking
down, is that caused by the hot coil?? After I have get all the things I have
now working at their best then maybe I'll try something more??

Bill