Re: For Sale

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 1997 - 07:56:43 EST

>Well fellas, I had a 93 with bucket seats, few aftermarket add-ons, etc, but
>when my first son was born, we had to sell it because it only seated two.
>Begrudgingly, I let it go. Two weeks later, I found it at the owners
>workplace with the front end completely smashed. All the hours of work
>buffing out the paint and time spent on that particular truck, destroyed. I
>then ordered the 95 with premium cloth bench seat and all the other goodies.
>It took 17 weeks to reach me. I had the cam, K&N, cover, everything waiting
>on it. Since that time, we now have a daughter. So we bought a Subaru Outback
>for the family. The Dak was for cruising by itself now. I contemplated
>selling it, but could not do it. I wanted to go out cruising on Friday and
>Saturday nights, but wouldn't because I wanted my family with me. So as of
>last night, I bought another 71 Buick GS with a big block that fits the whole
>family and came to the decision to sell the Dak. This has been going on in my
>mind ever since my daughter was born, and I am settling it now. I am posting
>the sale price around home for$12000 but seeing that I owe $9600 to the bank,
>I have decided to offer it to this list, to anyone that is interested, for
>what I owe, $9600. I guess there comes a time in life when one decides to be
>selfish for his family and not himself. If anyone is interested, e-mail me
>and we'll talk.
>Kuk

Nooooo Kuk. Say it aint Sooooo.... Another poor soul has succumb to
responsibility. It worries me that one day I too will have to grow up.

Well I hope you continue to hang around the list. Your insights have been
very valuable to some of us.
You shouldn't have any problem selling your truck for that price, especially
with your mods list, and that cool hood.
I hear the GS is a great car. Is it a 455 big block? What kind of shape is
it in? The great part is, You will still be able to whip mustangs, and haul
the whole family around. I guess you haven't gotten too grown up on us...

Alan