Re: noisey mirror

From: Chuck&Bev (r49miner@pacbell.net)
Date: Wed Feb 26 1997 - 11:35:05 EST

00gtomo@bsuvc.bsu.edu wrote:

> I have a 92 and the driver's side mirror vibrates like crazy. The dealer
> put a new mirror and housing on the truck when it was about a year old, but
> they can not fix the problem. The passenger side is fine at all speeds.
>
> Gregg
>
> 92 CC V6

Gregg, being from ram truck list I have seen a few vibration problems.
Most center around the bug screens/gaurds. For some reason it does not
affect the passenger side mirror. A good way to tell is if it can be
removed without to much hassle, do so. Drive at the speed you would get
the vibration, see what happens

To fix the problem: If you can do this. Take the mirror (glass part) and
adjust it manually out towards the street, as far as it will go. Then
pull the housing part towards the back of the truck, so it comes towards
the driver. Make it more streem line.
that is how some have fixed this problem. instead of your mirror being
at a 90% angle with the truck, it should be in this angle / .

Hope this helps Chuck