Re: Kuk's Dak

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 26 1997 - 22:21:50 EST

In a message dated 97-02-26 19:57:08 EST, dakota@wku.campus.mci.net (John
Walker) writes:

<< Hey Kuk,

 How fast does your truck run the 1/4 mile?

Thanks for the door leak info, it's a buddy at work with that problem. As for
the 1/4 mile, I ran two weekends ago in 35 degree weather with 18 psi in the
tires, and the truck had a slightly mild traction problem by running a 15.3
at 99 mph with 2.6 sixty-foot times, (slightly?). I did wiggle it to a 14.5
though. It ran a best of 14.20 at 96 a year ago with 2.0 sixty-foot times. I
ported the exhaust manifolds and sealed the hood scoop to get last weeks
better mph. In the right weather with good tires, it should run a 13.60-80
at 100-101mph. I tuned it up last week and rotated my distributor
counter-clockwize with better pulling results(?). Go figure.
Kuk