Re: wiper ineffectiveness

From: Tom McCabe (mccabet@megsinet.net)
Date: Thu Feb 27 1997 - 22:09:54 EST

A McEntee & M Jass wrote:

> > Speaking of windsheild wipers, has anyone else noticed that they stop
> > working at about 80mph?
> >
> >> Hell mine are useless after 70.

I went to the local Dodge dealer parts counter and got a pair of OEM
wiper blades from the Dodge Shadow, Chrysler Lebaron, and Spirit. These
blades have little wings that works wonders! I was up to 95 MPH tonight
in the rain on the highway and they only skipped ocassionally! Could
still see clearly! I put a set on my Lebaron and only problem is I
can't use the washers at highway speed because of the washer nozzel is
on the arm under the wing. They were about $10 each when I bought them
last. You may be able to get them from a junk yard too. Check the
chrysler cars from about '91 and up. They are 18 inches long.

Good Luck!

L8r

--
Tom McCabe
mccabet@megsinet.net

'96 Dakota Club Cab, 5.2L, Auto, 3.55 Limited Slip '89 Lebaron GTC, 2.2L Turbo II, 5 Spd