more FIPK on '96 V8

From: Karl Kromer (karlk@ssl.berkeley.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 27 1997 - 14:57:09 EST

I get the digest, so I'm only now aware of this issue on the list.

Anyway, I put the FIPK on my '96 V6 and ran it that way for over
1000 miles. No "check engine" light, no strange happenings,
no problems. The reason I'm selling the thing is that #1, it just
didn't make any power difference with the V-6, and #2, I drive
on dusty roads a lot and like the fact the stock airbox pulls air
from in front, rather than under the hood.

On my '95 V8 I did notice a slight power increase, and it also helped
the throttle response. I suspect the stock box just isn't as restrictive to
the more meager airflow needs of the V6. I will probably get the stock
replacement K&N so I'm not throwing away paper filters once the stock
one needs replacing.

-Karl

'96 Sport Club Cab, V6/Auto, 4x4, etc., etc.