FW: oil for cold transmissions

From: SchellinPM@corning.com
Date: Fri Feb 28 1997 - 10:29:07 EST

I've been running the MTL in my '93 3.9 for three years now.

I put it in for the same reasons: Hard shifting when the truck was cold,
and REALLY hard shifting when both the truck and the temperature outside
were cold - especially into 2nd gear.

The verdict: it made a definitely noticeable improvement, but not a
night-and-day difference. I haven't decided yet whether or not it's
worth the $7 or $8 a quart it costs plus the mail order nuisance for my
upcoming xmission oil change.

 - Paul Schelling
  SchellinPM@corning.com
  '93 Dodge Dakota (every day)
  '78 Fiat Spider (sunny ones)
  '84 VW Rabbit (ice racer)
>>...i have the AX-15 (i believe) trans (5-speed on a
>>2.5 same as the V-6)...it is a pain in the cold wheather (gear clash and
all
>>that ) was wondering if anyone took out the gear lube and replaced it
with
>>anything in it's place with out a problem...Dodge
>>says this is normal (the gear clash) but i don't buy it....thanks

>& I have the same problem when cold. I just replaced the the fluid with
Mobil