Re: Oil Leak

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 1997 - 20:55:00 EST

Calvin J. Albers wrote:

> I have a 1995 SLT with a 3.9 and an automatic (hold the cat calls
> please).)
>
> I had a rear engine oil leak, no drips but lower bell housing was wet
> with oil. This was repaired by the dealer. It is now seeping again.
> The dealer said it is not dripping, so it is not a leak.
>
> I have about 32,000 miles on it and I do not believe there should be any
> oil seepage at all. Does anyone else have any oil seepage? I would
> like to get this corrected under warranty.
>
> Thanks for any information and the good info already passed on the list.
>
> Calvin
> bissonet@illuminet.net

Calvin, I've got the same seepage on my V-8 (59,000miles) Just noticed
it the other day, it's not very bad and seems to have just started
recently. I also have oil sluge under the distributor around the hold
down bolt. Does anyone know where that might be comming from? I didn't
have any leaks or seepage until I switched to full synthetic. I also
get a tiny bit seeping out of the passenger side oil cap -- never
happened with conventional oil -- Is this synthetic (Castrol Syntec)
more penetrating than conventional?

--
-
Michael Clark        mike@snakebite.com