Re: Oil Leak

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 1997 - 09:22:38 EST

> I have a 1995 SLT with a 3.9 and an automatic

> I had a rear engine oil leak, no drips but lower bell housing was wet
> with oil. This was repaired by the dealer. It is now seeping again.
> The dealer said it is not dripping, so it is not a leak.

  I have a '95 with 5.2 and 5 speed, and have noticed an oil drop
at the bottom of the bell housing during the last couple of oil
changes. No serious leak (no spots on the driveway), so I haven't
gotten anxious, yet.

> I have about 32,000 miles on it and I do not believe there should be any
> oil seepage at all.

  I think that's a fair statement, and I need to take mine to the
dealer if for no other reason than to get it documented if it gets
worse after the warranty period.

  Ron