Re: Oil Leak

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Tue Mar 04 1997 - 23:35:06 EST

Getting warranty work done pretty much depends on the dealer. I've had
two in the Seattle area do warranty work on my '92 (misaligned trim,
muffler and distributor). It took two trips to get the distributor work
done, but they did it without argument.

A guy at work with a '94 or '95 3.0 4x4 Ranger has had a problem with
his rear brakes locking up when he gets below about 10 mph. The dealer
keeps telling him that it's the brake linings that they have to use since
they can't use asbestos anymore. They haven't used asbestos for at least
10 years, and obviously they're blowing smoke up his tail but it's been
going on for 6 mo! I think that I'd rant and rave in the dealers service
department at that point! Of course he bought a Ford.

Larry
elliott@serv.net