tires and gears

From: Jeff Painter (painter@hac.osan.af.mil)
Date: Wed Mar 05 1997 - 03:14:18 EST

Hi all!

I am in the process of ordering a '97 2WD Dakota. The dealer just
called me and said they are having problems processing my order because
of "conflicting options". They said that the performance tire and
handling group (P235/70R15
tires and 15 X 8 rims) is not available when you opt for the 3.92 gear
ratio. They say that I either have to switch to standard tires or a 3.55
gear ratio. What's up with that? Does anyone have any info on this? Does
this sound crazy to anyone else? Can you guys picture the dealer saying
"umm. . . we only offer performance tires with non-performance gear
ratios". Thanks in advance for your help!

Jeff Painter
painter@hac.osan.af.mil
97 2WD Dakota (soon)
67 Dart GT