Re: tires and gears

From: L. J. Morris (ljohn@alltel.net)
Date: Wed Mar 05 1997 - 06:49:29 EST

To all;

I am the fellow that posted three(3) weeks ago about tearing the rearend
(3.92) out of my newly delivered Dakota, well as of today (20 days since
delivery) the Dealer has not been able to get a replacement from CC. Based
on what Jeff wrote I have a feeling there is a correlation. Spoke directly
to CC yesterday and they insist that it has been ordered three(3) times,
but each time it does not get shipped (10 showing at the main parts depo in
Detroit). After one is order and shipping confirmed, the parts computer
still shows 10 in stock. CC agreed to call the supplier and ship one
direct from them, overnight air. We will see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
L. John Morris<ljohn@alltel.net>
!!!!! ... your local *HEMI* owner ...!!!!!
'97 SLT+ CC 4x4
5.2L, 3.92LS

----------
> From: Jeff Painter <painter@hac.osan.af.mil>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: tires and gears
> Date: Wednesday, March 05, 1997 3:14 AM

Hi all!

I am in the process of ordering a '97 2WD Dakota. The dealer just
called me and said they are having problems processing my order because
of "conflicting options". They said that the performance tire and
handling group (P235/70R15
tires and 15 X 8 rims) is not available when you opt for the 3.92 gear
ratio. They say that I either have to switch to standard tires or a 3.55
gear ratio. What's up with that? Does anyone have any info on this? Does
this sound crazy to anyone else? Can you guys picture the dealer saying
"umm. . . we only offer performance tires with non-performance gear
ratios". Thanks in advance for your help!

Jeff Painter
painter@hac.osan.af.mil
97 2WD Dakota (soon)
67 Dart GT