Re: tires and gears

From: L. J. Morris (ljohn@alltel.net)
Date: Wed Mar 05 1997 - 07:35:28 EST

Jeff;

You made me curious, so I checked the brochure and some other literature
that I stole (I mean borrowed) from my Dealer. It all says that the 3.92
is an option, including with the tire and handling package. Good luck, I'd
press for it. I will vouch that the 3.92 w/V8 sure has snot (5spd).

L. John Morris<ljohn@alltel.net>
!!!!! ... your local *HEMI* owner ...!!!!!
'97 SLT+ CC 4x4
5.2L, 3.92LS

----------
> From: Jeff Painter <painter@hac.osan.af.mil>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: tires and gears
> Date: Wednesday, March 05, 1997 3:14 AM

Hi all!

I am in the process of ordering a '97 2WD Dakota. The dealer just
called me and said they are having problems processing my order because
of "conflicting options". They said that the performance tire and
handling group (P235/70R15
tires and 15 X 8 rims) is not available when you opt for the 3.92 gear
ratio. They say that I either have to switch to standard tires or a 3.55
gear ratio. What's up with that? Does anyone have any info on this? Does
this sound crazy to anyone else? Can you guys picture the dealer saying
"umm. . . we only offer performance tires with non-performance gear
ratios". Thanks in advance for your help!

Jeff Painter
painter@hac.osan.af.mil
97 2WD Dakota (soon)
67 Dart GT