Re: open element air cleaner

From: Paul Stoehr (pstair@peaka.net)
Date: Fri Mar 07 1997 - 04:08:59 EST

Stewart, Jeff wrote:

> What are you guys doing with the PVC hose and the valve vent hose?

On my '92 Dakota (3.9), the only hose attached to the stock breather
assembly was a PCV hose. The aftermarket open air chrome filter housing
I purchased has a cutout on the underside that you can punch
out. This allows you to to connect the hose at that point. The adapter
that came with this assembly was the wrong size for the stock hose, so
I popped the one out of the stock air cleaner housing, modified it a
bit,
and used that. Works like a charm.
I pulled out all the related air duct that attached to the stock
housing.
The K&N with chrome housing helps the performance (I think) and the
engine compartment looks much better without the stock setup!
                                Paul
'92 Dakota '41 Chevy