Re[2]: Mopar Performance's Muscle

From: Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com
Date: Fri Mar 07 1997 - 05:42:53 EST

     Bill,

     I hope I didn't tick you off by my comments. I did stress that the
     loss could be *up to* 50hp. That's just simple physics. A 5spd being
     a direct couple to the rest of the drivetrain and an automatic using a
     viscous fluid as its link. I went back and forth when ordering my '97
     between a stick and an auto. I would eventually like to play with
     nitrous a bit and was leaning towards the auto but I think I figured
     out how to "foolproof" it for use with the stick.

     I'm curious if you're running an upgraded torque converter. I read an
     article in Mopar Performance or something about a project Dakota with
     a Vortech, Mopar Per. SBEC, cam, valve springs, MSD6BTM, and an
     automatic. They were running mid to upper 13's. They swapped torque
     converters for a unit that flashed to like 2600 rpm's and cut 4 tenths
     of their times. Can't remember who they got it from though.

     Anyway, didn't mean to irritate ya' :)

     sean