Re: Re[4]: Mopar Performance's Muscle

From: Carl Vidos (cvidos@io.com)
Date: Sat Mar 08 1997 - 22:34:10 EST

> Didn't mean to sound like I was downplaying the autos.

Well, while Alan was playing around on Friday in a new Dakota
with an auto and 3.55's (which, IMHO, shifted WAY too slowly
and very sloppily) I tried out the new Dogde RAM SS/T truck.
Full size, short bed, auto, 3.90, 245 HP, 360 CID, white with
dual blue stipes, nice big fat 17" wheels...really sharp.

All I can say is that this automatic shifted nice and hard,
VERY unlike the DAK (which also felt slow compared to Alan's
DAK.) On the other hand, if Dodge claims this motor makes
245 horses, then they ought to go back to the drawing board.
I don't care if the truck weighed 10,000 pounds, with a big
360 and 3.90 gears, this thing should have been quicker. It
sure sounded good, though.

BTW, of all the fast f-bodies at the track, it is generally
the 6-speeds that see the finish line before the autos. Unless,
of course, the driver is a dork.

  Carl Vidos * cvidos@io.com * http://www.io.com/~cvidos
                  13.90 @ 98.48, 2.3 60'
                    (still practicing)