Re: Mopar Performance's Muscle -Reply

From: slemser@compucom.com (Scott Lemser) (slemser@compucom.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 1997 - 11:30:16 EST

At 09:59 PM 3/7/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Just another thought, I am under the idea that most of the drag cars the
hot
>shots use are Autos, special built but Autos?

  If this is the case, I'm not sure what to call it! Its not an
automatic certainly, and I'd have trouble calling it a manual...
Jon-
What you sam were the Pro-Stockers or IHRA Pro Modifieds. They all run
Liberty of Lenco trannys.
They do have a clutch but it is only used on the Starting Line. The clutch
is not used when shifting gears.
These transmissions are used due to the amount of power those
engines produce. I have yet to see or hear of an automatic that could
stay in one piece behind 1500 or 2000 horsepower.

Scott
slemser@compucom.com