Re: Greetings from a newbie.

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Mon Mar 10 1997 - 21:02:45 EST

The 3.9 runs just fine, it doesn't make the power of the 5.2, and if I
knew then what I know now I'd have waited a few months and bought a 5.2
with a 5 sp'd in '93. But unless you expect it to do things it can't do
it oughta hold up just fine.

The old slantomatic sixes only had four main bearing and a lot of crank
flex, I'll take my 3.9 over one of them anyday. Had a '60 Valiant with a
170 cu in slantomatic, which was a good engine for its day. But that was
36 years ago! Seven mains, a better head and mpi and it'd be a good
engine today, maybe.

Larry