rear sway bar - was: Towing pkg -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 13 1997 - 09:37:55 EST

Sean, I've got my 93 2wd lowered 1 inch in the rear (used to have it
lowered 2, but not enough suspension travel) and the sway bar hooked
up fine. It REALLY helped the handling, too. Have you considered
dropping it in the front, too? I dropped mine 1 1/2" in the front
using shorter/stiffer springs which I ordered out of a catalog. I
think they cost me about $80 or so, but dang, they helped out a
bunch, too. I've only got 235/70's on my truck and it handles like
its on rails.

- Rob Cobb 93 LE V8 2wd
>>> <Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com> 3/13/97, 06:00am >>>
     Has anyone used a rear sway bar on a lowered Dak? Is it just
new end
     links or will it not work at all?

     Sean
     '97 319/5spd/3.55SG

_________________________________

Ron,
Got the Hellwig for my '92, and it went on really well except for
hitting
the shocks (Monroe Gas Magnums which are fatter at the bottom than
the
stockers). If you decide to get the Hellwig and have aftermarket
shocks
that are larger in OD than the stockers send me an e-mail and I can
let
you in on the trick way to mount the axle brackets to clear the
shocks.
Good bar though, really helps out the handling and reaction to
crosswinds.

Larry, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE