Re: 97 Dakota question

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@primenet.com)
Date: Fri Mar 14 1997 - 04:05:01 EST

On Fri, 14 Mar 1997 10:18:40 EST, you wrote:

>Hi everyone,
> I just signed up to this list today because I am considering
>purchasing the new 97 Dodge Dakota. I am currently leasing a 94
>Toyota 4x4 pickup. My lease is up next month. I test drove the
>new Dakota SLT 4x4 V8 Automatic last night and fell in love with
>it. I need a vehicle powerful enough to pull a trailer and boat
>and this truck can definitely do that. My question is, does anyone
>currently own one of these 97's and how do you like it? Any major
>problems with it? Things I need to be concerned with? I would
>appreciate any help any one can give me. I've only owned Toyota
>trucks and although I've been very happy with their quality and
>dependability, I truly like the look and feel of the new Dakota
>better.

I bought a 97' Club Cab 4X4 Sport Plus with the V-8 and a stick shift.
I picked up every option but the anti-lock brakes and the automatic
and I love it. I have had it in for an alignment and nothing else. It
runs great and I am currently getting about 16 MPG city, and 21-23
Highway. I traded in a 91' Nissan truck with over 109,000 miles that
gave me no problems what so ever and I beleive the Dodge will too. I
have pulled my dad's 16 foot bass boat to the lake and I never knew it
was there....

    -Steve

    97' Dakota, 4X4, CC, V-8, 5 Speed, Sport Plus