Re: SBEC update

From: Carl Vidos (cvidos@io.com)
Date: Fri Mar 14 1997 - 13:13:38 EST

jules wrote:

> fyi-
>
> we are running a 95 dakota around town now with NO chip in the
> sbec...:)!
>
> we took all the eprom info and put it on a 3 1/2 and loaded it into a
> special program and then hooked a wire cable into a socketed eprom slot
> and then put the sbec's "brain" on the front seat and promptly went out
> and burned up 1 2 & 3rd gears with screetchs in between...
>
> at will... we would stop this fun and check out where the computer had
> gone to visit where in the eprom info addresses and what was
> there...."snicker"
>
> film at 11:00
> ---------
> jules.mpi

While I don't own a Dakota (yet), I'd be VERY interested to find out
how you managed to decipher all the info on the PROM. Getting the the
prom copied to disk is easy enough, but what does this "special program"
let you do? Modify timing, injector pulse width, torque converter
lockup, fuel curves? And who WROTE this special program? Who reverse
engineered this stuff, or did Chrysler just hand over the source code?

Enquiring minds want to know.....to hell with the EPA...I would LOVE
to be able to duplicate this on my Firebird...

Must go faster...

Carl Vidos * 1995 Firebird M6 White * 13.9@98.48 * 2.39 60'