Re: Bed Liner for 97

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon Sep 08 1997 - 18:50:54 EDT

>> I never could understand the attraction to slippery plastic liners. My
>Dak has been hauling building materials and firewood for 10 years. I've
>never been easy on it, and I can tell you that the paint holds up pretty
>well to normal (truck) use. The sheet metal is a different story. My
>wheel wells are pretty ugly, but not rusted. Go with the rubber mat. The
>first time you tap the brakes and the load slams into the bulkhead,
>well.... You'll understand.
>
>Rich
>87 4x4 SE LB 3.9 Auto

Rich:

The 'duraliner' that was installed in mine has been sprayed with and
anti-slip material (kinda like paint with a very fine sand in it). It also
has the holes (and plugs) for the new style tie-downs on the floor of the
97.
If slippery becomes a problem, I can always throw a rubber mat over top.
Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com
Victoria,
British Columbia