New best time!

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Sun Mar 16 1997 - 01:32:58 EST

Well I just got back from Temple Acadamy Dragway where I had a very
productive evening of racing. I got 4 runs, the temperature started out in
the mid fifties, not exactly perfect weather, but I did get a new best time.

Race 1:

reaction = .806
60 ft = 2.325
330 ft = 6.424
1/8 ET = 9.848
1/8 MPH = 72.27
1/4 ET = 15.188
1/4 MPH = 91.29

Not bad for the first run, but I really was not happy with my 60ft time. So
I took of the front sway bar, as per Kuk's instructions, and bam right off
the bat, new best time. Thanks Kuk.

Race 2:

reaction = .727
60 ft = 2.227
330 ft = 6.205
1/8 ET = 9.572
1/8 MPH = 73.31
1/4 ET = 14.873
1/4 MPH = 91.63

Race 3:

reaction = .735
60 ft = 2.303
330 ft = 6.292
1/8 ET = 9.673
1/8 MPH = 72.94
1/4 ET = 14.997
1/4 MPH = 91.20

Had some traction problems on this run.

Race 4:

reaction = .661
60 ft = 2.242
330 ft = 6.275
1/8 ET = 9.686
1/8 MPH = 72.38
1/4 ET = 15.040
1/4 MPH = 90.90

I don't know what happened here. I made a perfect run and felt very good
about it until I got the slip. ??? The temp was falling pretty fast at
this point (7pm) but I would have thought that would have affected traction?
but traction was not a problem on this one? Oh well.

In case ya'll have noticed, my truck will not run over 91 mph in third gear.
Sam this is where that 4400 rpm mark is really killing me. On two runs I
had the guy, both were 4th gen TA's, but as soon as I got to 4400 my power
starts droping off big time and they were able to pass me. These f-bodies
are approaching 100mph at the 1/4. That does it I'm getting the rocker arms!

oh Jules...

Alan...

94',SLT,V8,MP SBEC,Flowmaster,Sure Grip,MSD,Pulleys

Et = 14.8 @ 91.6