Fuel Presure Regulator

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Sun Mar 16 1997 - 01:47:12 EST

Has anyone messed around with the fuel presure on the Dakota's. According
to my manuel the filter/fuel pressure regulator is located on the top of the
fuel pump module which is at the tank. The reason I ask, I went with a
friend to his dino run Friday (he has a 4th gen firebird). He had installed
an adjustable fuel pressure regulator in place of the non adjustable factory
one. Now when they adjusted the fuel pressure from factory set 46 down to
41 the firebird gain 7 hp across the board, and tonight he just knocked 2/10
off his 1/4 mile time without doing anything else. It makes me wonder if
tweaking the preasure on the dakota would create similar results.
The guy running the dino said this was very common with the LT-1, but did'nt
know much about the Magnum engines..

Alan...