Re: Gear Ratios (was re:'97 wind whistle)

From: Ryan LeBlanc (rleblanc@deltanet.com)
Date: Sat Mar 15 1997 - 19:23:44 EST

Alan Casey wrote:

>Hi Folks;
>
>I have now had my new Dak on the road for about a week, love the 5.2L and
>the 3.92LS (kinda maybe wished I got the 3.55's).  My question to the
>owners of new ones, I have a high pitched whistle noise (sounds like a air
>leak in the cab) at about 45MPH and above, any ideas or discoveries?

>L. John Morris<ljohn@alltel.net>
>!!!!! ... your local *HEMI* owner ...!!!!!
>'97 SLT+ CC 4x4
>5.2L, 3.92LS

Sorry John, I can't help you with the wind noise problem.  But you said you
wish you had gotten the 3.55's, why?  I am considering changing my gears
from 3.21's to maybe 3.92 or 4.10's.  I am concerned about gas mileage and
5th gear revs at about 85 mph.  What do you think?  what kind of problems
are you having?

Alan...
How hard is it to get the gears changed.  I ordered my truck with the basic 3.21.  After reading this group and the newsgroups, I have decided that, after I drive it for a while, I might want the 3.55's.  Is this an expensive undertaking?  Has anybody done it to their truck after market?  Thanks,

Ryan