Re: 94 Dakota, Didn't start

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 1997 - 08:48:11 EST

At 09:34 AM 3/17/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Thanks Phil,
>
>Sorry I didn't give enough info.
>
>It turned over fine, (till the battery did finally die). It has been
>taking a little longer to start
>since last week. It will turn over for about 4-5 seconds before it
>decided to start. I got in it
>this morning and it turned over but did not seem to be firing. It
>coughed a couple times but did
>not seem to want to start at all. It is at home now on the battery
>charger and I guess I will be
>working on it tonight when I get home. I have another battery that will
>probably go in it tonight.
>The other one did not seem to crank very long before it died out. The
>thing that makes me think
>that it is the ignition is the fact that it missed a couple of times
>yesterday on the way home from
>the store.
>
>Steve

Steve:

Have you had in serviced since you bought it? Do you have records from the
previous owner?
There are routine replacement parts such as batteries, fuel filters etc.
which can lead to a
no start condition if neglected. In my opinion the problem is not likely
the truck, yours is
hardly broken in at 44,000 mile ( :) it's a Dodge), it's more likely a
lack of routine servicing
by the previous owner or yourself.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com