Re: A TSB for 97 Dakota

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 1997 - 17:24:03 EDT

This will be of interest to those of you whose 97 Dakotas were built last
fall (mine was build in October).

From the start, I noticed periodic squealing from the wipers. To make the
story very short, the wiper mechanism was hitting the washer hose and
squealing until it got wet with slippery washer detergent. Took me a while
to find it, but I did and told the dealer what was wrong.

Mine was fixed today...after the technician read the TSB (he didn't last
week when I first asked them to fix it - 2/10 redo). TSB tells the
technicians to reroute the washer hose so this doesn't happen. Only
applies to early production vehicles.

Cheers.
Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com