Re: Low resale value on '96 model?!?

From: Glenn S. Wiltse (iggy@merit.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 18 1997 - 18:23:06 EST

    I decided to look up the Dakota for my self on Edmund's web page.
I have a V8 SLT Ext. Cab 4x4 that is a 1996 model and has several other
things like air, tilt, power wheels, ABS, Limited Slip diff, ect...
I haven't priced it all out yet, but imediately I saw something that
just doesn't make sense in the pricing they show. They list the price
of a regular cab as having higher value then the extended cabl models...
this is contrary to everything I have ever seen in pricing of trucks.

   I purchased my truck in the fall of 96, I knew the new model years was
fast aproaching(they had stoped making the 96 models by this time). I also
knew that the last model year of a perticular body style, is the year that
takes the biggest hit in resale value. My truck had a sticker price of
$25,000 and I paid $19,000(plus tax and such) for it, I figured I was
never going to be able to afford a 97 model with all the features I was
getting on the truck I purchased.

    I remain puzzled as to the resale value of a regular cab SLT 4x4
being less then a standard cab SLT 4x4...
   Maybe it is a misprint?